ICT & UEE Technical Writer & Instructional Designer
Experienced Freelance Technical Writer & Instructional Designer
For over 15 years BRTechnical, through its Director Bob Sheppard, has been delivering ICT & UEE services as an instructional designer & technical writer.
Most importantly, training and assessment content continues to be written for high-calibre clients who focus on quality and compliance such as Ashley Services Group and Training Assessment.
Previous training organisations that have benefited from BRTechnical quality include JB Hunter and Milcom Communications.
Hence, the key focus of our technical writing ensures compliance with the ASQA standards while contextualising to meet specific client and industry group requirements.
Material is being developed for:
- Full course content
- Direct Assessment
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Distance learning
BRTechnical works only with training organisations that demonstrate high ethical and quality standards. This sets the platform for continued success in a highly competitive training environment.
What is Instructional Design? (Wikipedia™)
Instructional design (ID), also known as instructional systems design (ISD), is the practice of systematically designing, developing and delivering instructional products and experiences, both digital and physical, in a consistent and reliable fashion towards an efficient, effective, appealing, engaging and inspiring acquisition of knowledge.
The process consists broadly of determining the state and needs of the learner, defining the end goal of instruction, and creating some “intervention” to assist in the transition.
The outcome of this instruction may be directly observable and scientifically measured or completely hidden and assumed.
There are many instructional design models but many are based on the ADDIE model with the five phases: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
BRTechnical Key Capabilities
- Understand business objectives, benefits, issues and opportunities
- Identify alternative solutions
- Sourcing and interpreting information and transforming the content into an online and/or instructor-led learning deliverable
- Design and produce various supporting training tools including facilitator guides, learner workbooks, quick reference guides, assessments, videos, and varied other training aids
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs, shape the training module content and write that content as required
- SME Support to other Trainers by conducting research to provide answers to questions asked during training sessions
BRTechnical applies Technical Writer & Instructional Designer to ICT & UEE training for technicians seeking Personal Development improvement. Our Instructional Designers are SME’s and learning experts who use their experience and knowledge to develop first quality methods of instruction.
Both RTOs and students seek the most effective, appealing and cost-effective solution. By analysing the Unit of Competency or customer requirements, training and assessment outcomes truly prepares learners for translating the course content to ensure learners are actually job ready.